Thursday, September 2, 2010

Placencia, Belize

Thursday  July 8, 2010

5 hours on the bus and 2 short boat rides got me from Caye Caulker to Placencia down in southern Belize. Tomorrow I catch the 5 hr ferry to Honduras and then minivan to San Pedro Sula. One more 3-4 hour bus ride and I will be at La Ceiba, which is the launching point for all boats to the Bay Islands. I hope to spend at least 1-2 weeks there. I have decided on Utila instead of Roatan after much consideration. The beaches and diving are better on Roatan but the rooms and food are close to twice as expensive. I will check it out and if need be move to Roatan later. Placencia is really beautiful with great beaches. It is located on a peninsula but quiet since it is the rainy season. Mostly rains at night.

 Have free wifi at the hostel so will start posting pictures after lunch.   

No comments:

Post a Comment