About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Time to Move

Monday  July 19, 2010

With deep regret, it is time to move on. Not being able to dive makes it much easier. If you stay somewhere on your travels for more than a few days you get to meet the locals and interact with them. After a week, they become your extended family. But after 10 days in the same place I also have the desire for new places and experiences, which is what makes traveling so incredible. Will saw goodbye to everyone at Gunter's Diving and Skidrow today and catch the 6:20 am ferry to La Ceiba to catch the connecting bus to San Pedro Sula to catch the connecting bus to Copan Ruinas (more amazing Mayan ruins). After a few days there I will head to El Salvador to completely check off Central America from my travel wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment