About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

La Iguana Perdida Hostel

 Tuesday, June 22, 2010 

I will post Lake Atitlan and hostel pictures as soon as I get to somewhere that has free wifi. We can not upload pictures here because it will crash the Internet system.

Great hiking yesterday from Santa Cruz to San Marcos and then straight up the mountain that afternoon to the village. Today it will be watching soccer with the rest of the world and relaxing in the hammock all afternoon watching the lake and volcanoes.

There are houses with beautiful views for $250 a month. A good option in the future for escaping those hot Louisiana summers. Nights here are actually cool and require a blanket while the days are mostly in the 70's.

I leave in the morning to go to Chichiastenago for the famous Thursday and Sunday markets in which the Mayan hill tribes come to town to sell their wares. Soon I will be heading to southern Mexico to see Mayan temples and then back to Tikal in Guatemala for  what is supposed to be the best of  the Mayan temples. I am sure some would argue that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment